Send Topic Print
VPS Hosting (Read 21003 times)
Algo Designer
Forum Administrator

Nihil desperandum

Sydney
VPS Hosting
08/11/11 at 12:35:53

It would be interesting to hear from the members of this forum about their VPS hosting experiences in running Windows and Linux OS.

There are numerous VPS providers out there, but I am quite keen to learn about the ones that stand out from the crowd in terms of value for money, reliability and the quality of their customer support.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..."
  IP Logged
kamensk

I like this forum!

Re: VPS Hosting
Reply #1 - 02/19/12 at 16:11:32

If you look for VPS Hosting , look for ping time to you broker, co located VPS , futures look for Chicago base VPS DATA CENTER
dont use hosting company.
forex  , jersey city , secaucus NY based DATA CENTER
even better dont use VPS this just advertisement of oversold computer , if you want hi end trading look for dedicated server, VPS is very easy to oerload , for 20-40 $$ VPS next to garbage , if you trade one symbol 10 trades a day may be good to buy , if you trade litle more use dedicated server , $125 o located in data center . in task bar unable real time or hi priority on mt4 exe file

« Last Edit: 02/29/12 at 07:08:57 by Algo Designer »  
  IP Logged
Tomcat98

I like this forum!

Reply #2 - 04/11/12 at 00:36:52

Hi everyone,
I agree...
2 years ago , I have had a bad experience with VPS. The company has turned off with prior notice the VPS for "high spool usage", VPS overloaded. I have switched to a private dedicated server, and from then no trouble. So if you have a reliable algo , a good expert ,  set it on a dedicated server close to your broker. Invest in something equivalent to 100 / 150 £ or USD, and you will have a professional tool, 24H UP, good CPU and enough memory...  No more power trouble, no more connection problem...Then you will see good results without any stress...
Have a good trading week.
Tomcat98

IP Logged
Algo Designer
Forum Administrator

Nihil desperandum

Sydney
Reply #3 - 04/11/12 at 15:01:55

Thanks Tomcat98. Having a dedicated server at your disposal makes a big difference. Who is your preferred hosting provider?

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..."
  IP Logged
Tomcat98

I like this forum!

Reply #4 - 04/15/12 at 06:52:20

Hello Algo,
' been busy this end of week. Sorry for late reply.
Well , about dedicated server, I have no real advice to give, as it depends what you trade (stocks, metals, forex, futures...) and moreover where from. Best is to have a reliable dedicated server (cheap price) -close to your broker/ecn hotspot for minimize latency, with no excess of materials. Hosting companies tend to sell top notch stuff, sometimes very expensive. This is not really necessary. The best I have found taking into account what has been written is http://www.kimsufi.ie/ . Some others has also to be considered. Anyway, around 220 Euros per year  for a simple dedicated server is a good deal removing lot of stress. No more power and no more link failure.  One more thing. I have to say that I have no personal interest with that company, just a simple client after long research on the net to find a good deal.  :)

IP Logged
Xavier C

I like this forum!

Reply #5 - 05/10/12 at 07:03:21

Hi everyone,

I use a VPS near the broker site to reduce latency and it works great !!
Near 99,99% uptime, and the downtime is when sometimes I reboot during weekend or maintenance time also during weekends.

Regards,
JC

IP Logged
sumit

I like this forum!

Reply #6 - 11/09/13 at 16:48:23

you can also use accuwebhosting.com. economical and reliable

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print