Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Algorithmic Trading Forum

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Floor Trader pushing all in on ALGO (Read 14907 times)
floortrader

I like this forum!

Floor Trader pushing all in on ALGO
05/28/09 at 16:28:37

I am the principal of a 20 yr old floor trading firm that has held/still holds memberships on the NY and Chicago Exchanges. We have spent the last 6 months learning about latency and architecture and now feel that we have at least a good enough understanding to launch our ALGO division. We have sure up our software and hardware partners and have extremely strong relationships with the Exchanges because of our history with them, thus we have just finalized a deal to co-locate our servers directly in the Exchange rack. We strongly believe in a team spirit. We have learned that to compete in this brave new world of ALGO, a team must have programmers, quants, developers,IT, math genius and of course traders----WE CHOOSE TO FOCUS ON THE TRADERS. We believe that sub-milli speed can be bought if truly needed, and the best programmers can be found and hired, but traders are born, and then nurtured to have an intrinsic gift that even the most talented MIT grad will never be able to code. If you are a trader, better yet a former floor trader, please lets talk. This is your new home and we will capitalize and incubate you to truly perform with a support staff and the latest technology. We trade only commodities, and although we are looking for traders, all others who think they have services to help our firm, please submit your thoughts or request for employment. Many Thanks.

IP Logged
bottrader

I like this forum!

Re: Floor Trader pushing all in on ALGO
Reply #1 - 07/02/09 at 14:02:27

I have been a floor options trader in T-notes and bonds for 20+ years. I would like to move into algo trading, do you think I may be a fit?

IP Logged
floortrader

I like this forum!

Reply #2 - 07/07/09 at 13:26:58

what is your experience with systematic trading. What capacity do u trade in at CBOT, were u a MM or a strategic trader

IP Logged
bottrader

I like this forum!

Reply #3 - 07/07/09 at 14:37:32

I was a market maker in the bond and 10-year option pit.  I traded with a group which I was a principle. We did have an auto guoting system, but my main responsiblities were to make makets in the pit and manage the position.

IP Logged
traders-wanted

I like this forum!

Reply #4 - 08/14/09 at 13:47:56

I have found a firm that seems like it offers all the neccessary tools for traders. IMHO it seems like something worth looking at if u are interested in trading.

Raptor tradingGroup.com

Check it out and please give us your feedback.

IP Logged
MAF

I like this forum!

Reply #5 - 11/30/09 at 08:09:46

I have been trading for 10 years, 7 of which have been in   derivatives. I have a MSc in finance and extensive programming skills.

I managed a team of discretionary traders and quants for a succcesfull prop group. I would be interested in discussing potential interest, you can reach me at maf2014@gmail.com

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print